If you’re looking for a new job, you’ve probably came across a few temp-to-hire positions through a staffing agency, like Aventure Staffing. What is temp-to-hire? Is it the right choice for you? There are many benefits to working a temp-to-hire position, from gaining exposure to meeting new people in the industry. In a temp-to-hire job, you work directly with a staffing agency that places you in a temporary position within a company. If you and the employer agree that this position is a good fit for you, there’s a pretty good chance of being hired on as a full-time employee with that company. Although this cannot be guaranteed for every temp-to-hire position, there are many benefits to consider this type of employment.
What is Temp-to-Hire?
Temp-to-hire is a great option for businesses looking to hire the right long-term employee. An employee working a temp-to-hire assignment can expect to work for about 3 months. If the company feels they are the right fit, they can make the employee an offer to hire them on permanently. A company may request a temp-to-hire employee for a number of reasons including:
- The company is new and doesn’t currently make enough money to hire a full-time employee
- Work is purely on a contractual basis and the number of employees needed changes with each project
- They want to ensure they are hiring the right long-term employee
Benefits of Working a Temp-to-Hire Position
Job-seekers searching for permanent and long-term positions may think a temp-to-hire position isn’t a good fit. What’s that phrase? Don’t knock it until you try it! Here are some of the awesome benefits of working a temp-to-hire position that you may not have considered:
- It’s a great way to meet new people. For entry-level job seekers, it’s a great way to start networking in the industry while gaining much needed work experience. You’ll get access to opportunities you may never have had the chance to otherwise.
- It helps you gain exposure. Temp-to-Hire allows you to test the waters and decide if the industry, company, or position is a good fit, without long-term commitments.
- You could become a permanent employee. If the company feels you are the right fit at the end of the term, there’s a good chance you’ll be offered a permanent position. Accepting or declining the position will be easier with your understanding of the company and the position! Since you will have a good understanding of the company and the position, accepting or declining the offer is that much easier.
- You gain experience and knowledge. Companies love an employee with experience and knowledge in the industry. Even if it’s not in your preferred industry, working a temp position will help you gain new skills to add to your resume. Candidates with more experience and credentials in turn receive higher pay! It’s a win-win situation.
Aventure Staffing Can Help!
Aventure Staffing works with a large number of industries offering many opportunities, flexible scheduling, and multiple hiring options. Work with our Employment Specialists to find the right career for you! If nothing is immediately available, we can assist in placing you in a temp-to-hire position while searching for your perfect job. The best part — There’s no gap in your work history and you’ll be gaining new skills to add to your resume. Reach out to our Employment Specialists today for more questions or available opportunities!